Sunday, February 05, 2006

Just a quick word of thanks to the good people at Animal Planet, for giving us another Puppy Bowl. And for yet again casting an abundance of canines with beagle backgrounds to cavort around for my amusement. Tanner has been known to pay attention to the TV in the past, including during last year's Puppy Bowl, but when I got home from work tonight and turned on the Puppy Bowl, he just flipped, bounding up and down and nearly knocking the DVD player to the ground. I try to distract him during the Pedigree ads about shelter animals, no need to traumatize him.

As for the real game, word on the street is Vegas took a bit of a hit...all the dough was on the victors. Not may people say, "Dude, I have to get to Vegas and lay down all my cash on Seattle!" And to answer your question, I didn't have any money on the game. Though I did hear some online bookie was taking bets on weather the Burger King mascot would score a touchdown in their advertisement. I would have liked to have gotten some action on that; sometimes it's nice to know that, whether your bet wins or loses, you will feel like a tool.

No comments: