Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I went to The Boardwalk to play The Sopranos pinball again, and it was gone. Elvis was back in its place. Which is okay, Elvis is fun, but I was sad to see Sopranos gone. I'm hoping it just required repairs, but that is odd, considering it is a new game. Perhaps it's subject matter and language didn't fit the family atmosphere (though it has a cleaner language setting than the one they had the machine set on). Anyway, I hope it resurfaces. It was an easy game, at least on the settings on which I played it, but fun.

While there, I had their pizza buffet for the first time. Not bad at all. $4.95 doesn't include your drink, but you get four tokens (a $0.66 value, since I was there on a six-tokens-for-a-buck day). And the food wasn't bad. The pizza, while not as cheesy as the usual pizza they sell by the slice, didn't skimp on the cheese as much as other pizza buffets. And while the salad bar was only slightly more impressive than other pizza buffets (meaning they had both iceberg and romain lettuce, and a few vegetable toppings as well), they also had lasagna and spaghetti, as well as breadsticks and garlic bread. The lasagna seemed to have been sitting awhile, and I got there in the first hour or so of the buffet. But it wasn't bad, and they stamp your hand so you can leave and play in the arcade, and then go back for more pizza (or pudding for dessert). I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there, but if I was already there for the pinball, and craved greasy food, it's a very good deal, and hard to resist.

No comments: