Friday, August 13, 2004

I went to the podiatrist this morning. I was dreading it a bit, but it went pretty well. He put a splint on my foot, so I've got a bit of a limp now, and I'll be hobbling around Vegas next week. And I have another appointment after I get back from my vacation to get fitted for an orthotic. They're submitting an insurance claim to see if Blue Cross will pick up some of the expense, but I doubt it. So I'll be out three or four hundred, which is no chump change, but a small price to pay for the precious gift of the ability to walk. But the doctor seemed to think my case wasn't very severe, so I'm confident a few weeks witht the splint will help. The splint is interesting, it's not like a splint that would hold a broken bone, with a board and all, it's just athletic tape, run over the base of the foot, and pulled up with more tape, so that my arch is held tightly up. Puts a notable kink in my walking, but seems to serve it's purpose in keeping the tendon in place.

No comments: