Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I just saw Oscar Goodman on CNBC. What a jackass. Facing questions about how seriously he treated the matter of terrorism, he just went off on the reporter, refusing to answer questions, claiming it was a pack of lies, and just basically showing off the skills he no doubt utilized as a mob lawyer. He even denied that liability issues had ever been raised by anyone as a possible reason for Goodman ignoring possible terrorist threats, just about thirty seconds after a clip was shown of that exact allegation being made by a federal prosecutor (albeit the one who apparently muddled the Buffalo terror prosecution). I'll admit I wasn't a fan of the man before this, but I thought it was probably one of the most damaging things I've seen on T.V. for Las Vegas' reputation (which is saying something).

No comments: