Wednesday, August 13, 2003

It's hot! I find it hard to find the energy to do just about anything. I am proud of myself that I managed to get two good runs in. I broke down and accepted that, in this weather, I'll have to learn to live with a treadmill run at the gym. It's a bit boring, and annoying that there is a T.V. with the news on directly in front of me, reminding me of what I'm running away from. But at least I now know I can go down to the Kroc Center and run when the heat is just too much. I do plan an after-work run tomorrow, though I'll probably just make it a short speed workout. I've entered the California Cruisin' 10K for next month, and am looking forward to the Chancellor's Challenge (which was my first 5K) in October. And if all goes well, I'll complete my first half-marathon in November. All in hopes of running the Suzuki Rock & Roll Marathon in the Spring. So those are my goals. Figure I have to have goals if I'm going to do anything in this heat.

Not much else to report. Almost finished with Devil in the White City; the story is interesting, but the attempts to make the book read like fiction can be annoying. Going to the movies tonight, to see Ten. Will report tonight or tomorrow on Kiarostami's latest.

I enjoyed today's clipping from the Collins Library.

No comments: