Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Working at the aquarium, as opposed to the movie theatre, I've gotten the feeling that I've moved a bit further away from a customer service-oriented profession, just a bit. It's still an issue, but not as much as it was before. Then I answered the phone yesterday. Crazy, annoying woman who wanted me to tell her how we could train her to save the ocean without her going to school. She didn't like school, because she's half-Hungarian and her professors were racist, and why should you have to go to school to save the oceans? So she called a college to help her with this. And she ranted on and on. Which wouldn't have been too bad, had she not begun the conversation by informing me that she was a volunteer, did not get paid, which made her time more valuable than mine, some jackass who is paid to answer the phone. I had been in the building about thirty seconds at this point, so I just shook it off, didn't want to start my day off by chewing someone out and hanging up on them. But what the hell is wrong with people that they think saying some shit like that will make anyone want to help them? I expect that attitude from the rich La Jollans I served at the movie theatre, but why would an unemployed, uneducated person think such claims are going to be received as anything other than evidence that this person is a complete waste of space? Anyway, it really pissed me off, to an extent I don't think anyone really had at the aquarium before.

I won tickets to see Fishbone Sunday. I didn't even know Fishbone still was around. Should be interesting. They're apparently playing with some metal groups, which seems somewhat an odd combination.

I missed the final episode of Dawson's Creek. Jen dies, apparently. I would have liked to see that.

No comments: