Friday, July 25, 2008

Comic-Con 2008 is in full swing. Crazy, crazy, crazy. I'll recap things once it's all over, but for now, let me just say, I'm getting old. By the end of preview night Wednesday, I was already exhausted. And tonight I'm feeling quite drained. I went out back at one point to eat lunch, and decided to read a book for an hour or so, rather than go back out on the exhibit floor. And I've decided to sleep in tomorrow, and head out after lunch (no panels I want to attend until 3, so no big hurry). Still having fun, but the place is packed. The line for preview night stretched across the front of the convention center, serpentined through an adjacent part, and then stretched back behind the convention center onto the embarcadero. Still, once the line started moving, I was inside within about a half-hour. Considering the crowds, Comic-Con is very well-run.

The book I chose to read, incidentally, was A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon, which was almost as good as The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, which is high praise indeed.

No comments: