Saturday, July 31, 2004

Finally made it to SDSU Wednesday, to see the Edward Gorey exhibit during its final week. It is billed as the largest public exhibition of Gorey's works, though just in terms of size, it's not particuarly overwhelming. But there is a lot of content here; books from Gorey's own collection, rough sketches for some of his works, examples of Gorey's stage design. I particulary enjoyed seeing the complete drawings for The Pious Infant. Unfortunately, I went late in the afternoon, and by the time we tried to access the portion of the exhibit in the Special Collections room, that portion of the library had closed. But I believe there was relatively little there (I intended to go back today to see it, but I'm just too lazy). This is the final weekend for the exhibit, so if you have time this weekend, check it out.

No comments: