Tuesday, December 09, 2003

The State of the Union Adress Drinking Game. It's not yet updated for the forthcoming 2004 address, but I imagine they will (and I imagine the 2003 rules will work just fine). I'll have to try it, I got drunk the night Arnold became my Governor, and I found it really did help. However, I do have to say, the internet has ruined the drinking game, which is sad because I didn't come of age early enough to appreciate the unadulterated drinking game. How the hell are you supposed to keep all the rules straight? I don't think I could if I was drinking soda. Hi Bob, the Love Boat drinking game, those were clear and straight-forward. "Hi, Bob," is said, you drink. Your chosen character comes on screen, you drink. (the alcoholic is the one who picks the boat, as Margaret Cho observes). But then again, if you're playing a drinking game to the State of the Union address, then I guess you're the sort of policy wonk who enjoys rules.

No comments: